The Avian & Exotic team at Animal Emergency and Specialty Center provides primary care, referral and emergency services for a variety of exotic species such as birds (parrots, chickens, turkeys, ducks and other fowl, pigeons), mammals (guinea pigs, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, chinchillas, ferrets, rats, mice, hedgehogs, and small exotic dogs & cats), reptiles (excluding venomous snakes), amphibians, fish and invertebrates. Please contact our exotics department for questions on any species not listed.
Dr. Katherine Baine is a board-certified practitioner based at Animal Emergency & Specialty Center of Knoxville. She schedules appointments for primary care and referrals in Knoxville and is available to consult with our emergency and critical care doctors in Chattanooga on avian and exotic patients.
- Yearly wellness care including physical examination, routine blood work, and vaccinations
- Health certificates
- Adoption, behavior, diet and husbandry consultation
- Exotic mammal dental evaluation and management
- Flea, tick, and heartworm prevention as recommended
- Emergency evaluation and care
- Rigid and flexible endoscopy
- Avian behavior consultation
- Soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
- 24-hour access to advanced imaging (digital x-ray, ultrasound, CT)